Don’t let your floor remodeling budget get out of hand by hidden bombshells. If you’re looking for a 2019 breakdown of the cost of saltillo tile flooring materials and what installation cost may be, keep reading to learn more.
Tile flooring and installation cost can add up fast, particularly if you’re a beginner and have never tried a Saltillo tile flooring installation before. It is strongly suggested you hire a licensed and insured Saltillo tile flooring contractor to install the flooring for you.
Make sure you have a copy of the Saltillo tile flooring manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before you begin, to make sure your flooring project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the future.
SALTILLO TILE FLOORING
- Try and get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a flooring contractor — estimates are usually free, unless it’s a service call.
- Visit a couple of supply stores that sell your specific brand of Saltillo tile flooring and try to bargain for a better price with each one.
- Try and get prices later in the fall, early winter – you should expect hostile pricing discounts by waiting for the contractor’s down time.
- Try and budget and around 7-15% more on top of what your calculations may be – for example hard configurations, various patterns, etc. additional difficulty of your walls and sub-flooring, fit & finish work will add to the Saltillo tile flooring expense.
- Anticipate the Saltillo tile flooring prices to differ between various companies – each tile company will have different operating expenses and over-head.
- Keep in mind, there are various styled homes in the US – from contemporary, colonial, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. so bearing that in mind and try to budget a little more, prior to beginning your Saltillo tile flooring project.
SALTILLO TILE COST PER SQUARE FOOT
On average Saltillo tile costs $6.39 per square foot. Costs range from $4.72 to $8.05 per square foot in the US for 2019 according to improve.net.
Tile is typically a favorable choice when it comes to flooring. Homeowners love it for its design and low maintenance. But, choosing a style of tile can be hard as there are so many out there, including Saltillo tiles. Saltillo is a traditional Mexican tile that can range in color from red to yellow and even orange. Authentic Saltillo tiles don’t come with any type of finish or glaze on them. Nevertheless, there are several manufacturers that still supply Saltillo tiles with some kind of finish on them so they are ready to install.
We invite you to call us today at 602-370-6082 to discuss your tile & grout restoration and service needs in Phoenix, Arizona!